Wednesday, November 15, 2006

 

Fun's over..


On my List is a long overdue "mother clean up" of the kids' rooms and playrooms.

I hadn't intended to start that quite today, but while I was emptying the waste paper bins from the bedrooms, I decided to have a bit of a poke around Caitlin's room.

Found:
And I've only scratched the surface. They have been warned that if they don't clean up, I'll get in their rooms at some point in the near future, and have a big throw out.

Guess the future has just arrived.

And on the other bedroom floor is a mix of clean and dirty clothes... I've ventured no further than collecting dead tissues that never made the wastepaper bin. Alison's school uniform from Monday was amongst the debris. Did I or did I not recently have words with her about not putting stuff in the wash? Question is, how to deal. She has enough school uniforms, courtesy of hand-me-downs, to get away with them missing a wash... I'm at my wit's end as to how to get her to complete that simple chore. Never mind the towels not hung up in the bathroom, and all the other stuff lying around everywhere.

I know, I know... mea culpa... I've not brought them up to be tidy freaks... because I am not myself... but, as I have said many times.. THEY ARE TAKING ME OVER THE EDGE!

(Maybe not as bad as these two pics that arrived in my email inbox this morning as one of those forwarded emails... with the title "Should I get a dog or have a child?")



Suppose I should be thanking my lucky stars...

Labels:


Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?